Thursday 15 October 2009

Latest Donk-Out

I was playing an MTT on MuppetStars the other day with 3600 runners, there are 423 left and i had been a bit card dead with not alot of stealing opps.I have 10000 chips left,blinds are 500/1000 with 100 ante and i am in the big blind.One of the table donks(with 22000) DOUBLE RAISES....yes he was a DRD(so what range of hands do we put him on?)I have jack 8 and the table folds round to me and i call.We know J8 is not a good hand but it was likely that he had a small pair,KQ etc and hopefully i had 2 live cards.The flop comes 10 8 2 rainbow....the only hands i would be concerned with on this flop are sets of 8s or 2s against this donk so i go all in for my remaining 8-9 thousand or so and he insta calls with...44...river is a 4 and out i go.Comments on either play please.

7 comments:

  1. I think im folding to double rsise in that spot because 1000 chips is a big percentage of a shot stack. Im looking to be the aggressor pre flop and double up. If your commiting yourself, maybe a check raise all-in on flop gets him to fold ... maybe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the comment Mr A. I didnt have enough fold equity to check raise him but i was getting 4/1 pre flop to call him and have put him on kq,small,mid pair or rag ace.there are only a couple of hands to be concerned about on the flop(88,1010,A10) but have to go with my original instinct(which was right)I am still sitting with 8000 ish if i dont hit(M factor of 8) which still gives me time to get my chips in with better hands but the pot odds on this one were too good to pass up if my range of hands for him to have is correct.i am not saying either of us are right/wrong here mate.See if we get any more comments on this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2400 a round is M of just over 3. I know 4-1 is correct price to call but im still folding or shoving with that stack.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry Mr A, arsed up on the M factor for some unknown reason,you are of course correct.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks to u n mr stumpy i've just called a min raise wif 5,6 suited i hit me str8 on the turn and he hit his trip K's on the river then he verbally abused me for being a donk for callin his raise preflop after i knocked him oot see i do listen sometimes lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. glad some advice has paid off for you Ken.What he didnt realise was he was pricing you in with just about any two cards but dont go call them all!!And i believe he was the donk!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with aki on this one. Also remember that the range you are putting him on is what you are hoping for, obv. his range also includes the cards u don't wanna see.

    ReplyDelete

Previous Bondy posts