Wednesday 28 October 2009

CORRECT TO CHECK OR NOT?

A simple enough question and your views will be greatly appreciated. I am playing a double stack sng on Titan,the blinds are 50/100 and i am in the big blind with 5100 chips and there are six of us left.We all have about the same chips.The table folds to the small blind who limps in and i am sitting with Kd Jd.The player in the small blind had limped alot and had limped in the small blind on a couple of occasions so i decided to raise and put in another 350(pot now 550) and he calls.I need to point out here that this lad has not shown down a single hand yet so i don't have much info on him. The flop is Qc 9c 6s,he checks....So the question is check or bet? I have one over card and gutshot.I will put in the comments what i did and why.Interesting to see whether you agree or not.

3 comments:

  1. I checked...My reasoning being that if i bet say 500 and he reraises then i have to fold but if i check and take a free card and a king hits i will likely have the best hand and if the 10 hits then i have the nut straight.As it happens the 10s came on the turn and i bet 500 and he folded so fortune favoured the not so brave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with a check. He's not folding much that you're beating (if anything) on the flop to a c-bet in a BvB pot... so for that reason alone I wouldn't bet. Combine this with 7 probable outs which you'll have to fold to a re-raise it seems like a clear check.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You completed a few fine points there. I did a search on the subject and found nearly all persons will go along with with your blog. แทงบอลฟรี

    ReplyDelete

Previous Bondy posts